New User Registration Process
All HowDidiDo users are now required to register to use the service. Registration is completely FREE and simply requires the user to register with a valid email address, set up a password, notify HowDidiDo of their home golf club and if they wish, any additional clubs they are members of.
HowDidiDo is introducing a host of new services over the coming months, some of which will require users to verify who they are if they wish to use them. This very simple verification process will require everyone to 'prove' their identity via a direct connection to their golf club. This will either involve an online check of your membership, or if this fails the need to collect a code from the golf club's admin office or proshop.
This verification process will be an addition to registration and in many cases will simply require a single click of a button. It will allow us to secure the online booking of competition tee times via SpeediTee and satisfy the Council of National Golf Unions’ (CONGU’s) rules on the printing of online Handicap Certificates.
There are 2 levels of membership.
Standard Member (FREE)
- Access to your online Handicap Record (and soon a printable CONGU Handicap Certificate).
- Access to over 1500 clubs’ competition results, course stats and handicap lists.
- BBC News Headlines on your homepage.
- Weather from around the world.
- Customisable homepage with HowDidiDo ‘Widgets’.
- Access discussion groups about topics related to your club.
- Competition Results and Handicap Change notification via e-mail.
Gold Member (£15 per year)
- Ability to record your actual shot types with each round you play.
- Competition Results and Handicap Change notification via SMS text message.
- Analyse your game and compare your performance with other players in your club or across the entire one million golfers whose eight million rounds are recorded in the 'howdidido' system.